Come to visit and enjoy an adventure in one of the most active volcanoes in Guatemala. High of 2500 m above sea level, its impressive environment is formed by humid forest and rocks.
To visit Pacaya National Park, climbing experience is not required, the volcano is very accessible and easy to climb. It offers one of the most breathtaking view to see the fumaroles and watch it from few meters away is a unique experience.
For this very speciale adventure, we pick you up at your hotel in Antigua and assure the transfer by shuttle to Pacaya Volcano. From there, we begin the ascension from San Francisco village, it takes around 1 and half hour up and 1 hour for the descent.
- 1:00pm. Shuttle from Antigua to San Francisco village (1.5 hours to drive).
- 2:30pm Arrival at San Francisco village.
- 3:00pm Begin the ascension for about 2hrs.
- 5:00pm Arrival time at the base camp to enjoy the view and admire the sunset.
- 5:30am Time to see sunrise.
- 7:00am Breakfast at basecamp.
- 8:00am Descent to San Francisco village.
- 10:00am Arrival time at San Francisco village and transfer to Antigua by shuttle.
- 11:30 am Arrival time to Antigua.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, sleeping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage,entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Personal kit and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||1:00 PM/ Antigua or Guatemala City|
|Length:||2 hrs hike up/1.5 hrs to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, extra food or snacks and flash light|