Santa María Volcano is a large active Volcano in the western highlands of Guatemala, in Quetzaltenango, Xela. Santa María Volcano is part of the Sierra Madre chain of volcanoes, which extends along the western edge of Guatemala, between the Pacific Ocean and the highlands. The volcanoes are formed by the subduction of the Cocos Plate under the Caribbean Plate, which led to the formation of the Central America Volcanic Arc. It is such an adventure to hike on the top and observe the sunset and the sunrise. Sleeping overnight on the top of the Volcano in our base camp will be an unique experience in your life. Its highest summit is 3.772 meters above sea level (12.380 ft). The tour starts from Qutezaltenango, Xela. Your guide goes to pick you up at your hotel.
- 7:30am Transfer from Xela to the village near of the Volcano.
- 8:00am Arrival at the village of Llanos del Pinal.
- 8:30am Begin the ascension. It is about 5hrs hike.
- 3:00pm Arrival time at the base camp to enjoy the view and admire the sunset in the evening.
- 5:00am Time to see sunrise.
- 6:30am Return to the base camp for breakfast.
- 8:00am Descent to the village of Llanos del Pinal.
- 11:30am Arrival time at the village and transfer to your hotel.
- 12:00pm Arrival time to Xela.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, sleeping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage,entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Personal kit and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||7:00 AM/ Antigua Guatemala|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 to 4 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, extra food or snacks and flash light|