Tajumulco is the highest volcano in Guatemala, and all of Central America and is a real adventure to hike on the top and observe the sunset and the sunrise. Sleeping overnight in the base camp of the volcano will be an unique experience in your life. Its highest summit is 4.220 meters above sea level (13.850 ft). The tour start from Qutezaltenango (xela) or San Marcos. Your guide goes to pick you up at your hotel.
Itinerary Day 1.
- 6:00am transfer from Xela to the village near of the volcano.
- 09:00 arrival at the village (Cruce de Tajumulco)
- 10:00 Begins the hike for about 5hrs. (aprox)
- 3:00pm arrival time at the base camp Time to see sunset
- 4:00am time to see sunrise (short hike for 1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise).
- 07:00am return to the base camp for breakfast.
- 8:30am Descend to the village (Cruce de Tajumulco)
- 11:30am arrival time at the village
- Trasfer to Antigua 12:30pm arrival time to Xela
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, slepping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage,entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Personal kit and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||6:00 AM/ Quetzaltenango (Xela)|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, food extra like or snacks and flash light|