Tajumulco is the highest volcano in Guatemala and all of Central America. It is a real adventure to hike to the top of it, and you will be rewarded with some beautiful views. Sleeping overnight at base camp and observing the sunset and sunrise is a very unique experience. The highest summit is 4,220m above sea level. The tour will start from Xela or San Marcos, where the guide will pick you up from your hotel.
- 6:00am Transfer from Xela or San Marcos to the village close to the volcano.
- 9:00am Arrive at Cruce de Tajumulco.
- 10:00am Begin the ascent, approximately 5 hour hike.
- 3:00pm Arrive at base camp to enjoy the views and later admire the sunset.
- 4:00am Wake-up for a short 1 hour hike to the summit for sunrise.
- 7:00am Return to base camp for breakfast.
- 8:30am Begin descent back to the village of Cruce de Tajumulco.
- 11:30am Arrive back at the village for transfer to your hotel.
- 12:30pm Arrive back to Xela or San Marcos.
|Included:||Pick-up/Drop-off from your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, slepping bag and mattress), 3 meals, hot beverage, entrance fee and tour guide|
|Does not include:||Personal kit and (tips optional).|
|Departure Time/ Place:||6:00 AM/ Quetzaltenango (Xela).|
|Length:||4 to 5 hours hike up/ 3 hours to come down.|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, extra food like a snacks and flash light.|