Tajumulco is the highest Volcano in Guatemala, and in all of Centrale America. It is a real adventure to hike on the top and observe the sunset and the sunrise. Sleeping overnight in the base camp of the Volcano will be an unique experience in your life. Its highest summit is 4.220 meters above sea level (13.850 ft). The tour starts from Xela or San Marcos. Your guide goes to pick you up at your hotel.
- 6:00am Transfer from Xela to the village near of the Volcano.
- 9:00am Arrival at the village of Cruce de Tajumulco.
- 10:00am Begin the ascension for about 5hrs hike.
- 3:00pm Arrival time at the base camp to enjoy the view and admire the sunset in the evening.
- 4:00am Short hike for 1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise.
- 7:00am Return to the base camp for breakfast.
- 8:30am Descent to the village of Cruce de Tajumulco.
- 11:30am Arrival time at the village and transfer to your hotel.
- 12:30pm Arrival time to Xela.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, slepping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage,entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Personal kit and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||6:00 AM/ Quetzaltenango (Xela)|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, food extra like or snacks and flash light|