The volcano Toliman is twin with the volcano Atitlán, it has two peaks. The North peak and the South peak wich is the higher part of the Volcano, it has a spectacular view of 360º. The North peak consists of the Crater that is 200m wide The skirt of the Volcano is the area with most of the vegetation and forest. It`s also where the “pavo de cacho” lives and could be observed with strong probability.
This Volcano easier to hike then Atitlan Volcano. We will start with an altitude of 1590m above sea level, to the top of 3158 meters above sea level. The ascension takes around 4 to 5h up and 3h for the descent.
- 8:00am Picking up at your hotel from Santiago Atitlan.
- 8:30am Arrival at the entrance of the park.
- 8:30am Begin the hike for about 5hrs.
- 3:00pm Arrival time at the base camp to enjoy the view and admire the sunset in the evening.
Day # 2.
- 4:00am Short hike for about an1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise.
- 7:00am Return to the base camp for breakfast.
- 8:00am Descent to the village.
- 11:30am Arrival time and transfer to the village.
- 12:00pm Arrival time to Santiago Atitlan.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, sleeping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage,entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Personal kit and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||7:00 AM/ Santiago Atitlan|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 or 4 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, extra food or snacks and flash light|