Hike the sleeping giant of Acatenango, the twin of the most active volcano in Guatemala. Acatenango is the third highest volcano in all of Central America, it is a real adventure hiking to the top. The highest summit is 3,976m, as this particular tour is the one-day hike it is only recommended for the serious hikers who are used to long steep hikes.
- 6:00am Pick-up from your hotel in Antigua
- 7:00am Arrive at the village La Soledad and begin the ascent for approximately 5 hours.
- 1:00pm Begin the descent to the village, approximately 3 hours.
- 4:00pm Arrival at the village and transfer back to Antigua.
- 5:00pm Arrival at your hotel in Antigua
|Included:||Pick-up/Drop-off from your hotel in Antigua, transport for transfer, entrance fee, tour guide and lunch box.|
|Does not include:||Water (3 litres).|
|Departure Time/ Place:||6:00 AM/ Antigua.|
|Length:||5 or 6 hours hike up/ 4 hours to come down.|
|What to bring?||Backpack, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes and snacks.|