The Volcano Acatenango is the sleeping giant that is the twin of the most active Volcano in Guatemala. Acatenango is the third highest Volcano in all of Central America and it is a real adventure to hike on the top. Its highest summit is 3,976 meters (13,044 ft). This hike is recommended to do just for the serious hikers or people who are used to hike long.
- 6:00am Picking up at your hotel in Antigua.
- 7:00am Arrival at the village La Soledad and begin the hike for about 5hrs.
- 1:00pm Descent to the village for about 3hrs.
- 4:00pm Arrival to the village and transfer back to Antigua.
- 5:00pm Arrival to your hotel in Antigua
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel in Antigua, transport for transfer,entrance fee and a tour guide, lunch box|
|Does not include:||water|
|Departure Time/ Place:||5:00 AM/ Antigua Guatemala|
|Length:||5 or 6 hours hike up/ 4 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, snacks .|