Hike the highest of the three volcanoes southwest of Lake Atitlan with an altitude of 3537m above sea level. The volcano has a 250m diameter crater and at the highest part several cracks have appeared as a result from the last eruption in 1853. On a lucky day it is possible to observe the smoke pulsing out from the top.
During the dry season, the volcano offers one of the best views of the Lake. To witness the magnificent landscape from high above sea level is one of the best ways to appreciate the Volcanic chain of Guatemala.
This tour has two options to choose from:
- 00:00am Pick-up from a hotel in Santiago Atitlan and transfer to the entrance of the hike.
- 00:30am Arrival at the entrance of the hike and begin the ascent (approximately 5 hours).
- 5:00am Arrival at the top to admire the beautiful sunrise.
- 6:00am Begin the descent (approximately 3 hours).
- 9:00am End of hike and transfer back to your hotel in Santiago Atitlan.
- 6:00am Pick-up from your hotel in Santiago Atitlan and transfer to the entrance of the hike.
- 6:30am Arrival at the entrance of the hike and begin the ascent (approximately 5 hours).
- 11:00am Arrival at the top to admire the beautiful view and have some lunch (included).
- 12:00pm Begin the descent (approximately 3 hours).
- 3:00pm End of hike and transfer back to your hotel in Santiago Atitlan.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off, transport for transfer, entrance fee and tour guide, lunch box (depends on option)|
|Does not include:||Water|
|Departure Time/ Place:||7:00 AM or 00:00am/ Santiago Atitlan (depends on option)|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, snacks|