Santa María Volcano is a large active Volcano in the western highlands of Guatemala, in Quetzaltenango, Xela. Santa María Volcano is part of the Sierra Madre chain of volcanoes, which extends along the western edge of Guatemala, between the Pacific Ocean and the highlands. The volcanoes are formed by the subduction of the Cocos Plate under the Caribbean Plate, which led to the formation of the Central America Volcanic Arc. It is such an adventure to hike on the top. Its highest summit is 3.772 meters above sea level (12.380 ft). The tour starts from Qutezaltenango, Xela. Your guide goes to pick you up at your hotel.
- 6:00am Picking up at your hotel in Xela by private transport to Llanos del Pinal.
- 6:30am Arrival to Llanos del Pinal begin the ascension for about 5hrs hike.
- 11:30am Arrival to the top to admire the view.
- 12:30pm Descent for about 3 hrs hike.
- 3:30pm Arrival at Llanos del Pinal and transfer back to Xela with private transport.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel in Quetzaltenango (xela), private transport for transfer, entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Meals and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||6:00 AM/ Quetzaltenango (Xela)|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, box lunch or snacks and flash light|