Tajumulco is the highest volcano in Guatemala and all of Central America. It is a real adventure to hike to the top of it, and you will be rewarded with beautiful views. The highest summit is 4,220m above sea level. The tour will start from Xela or San Marcos, the guide will pick you up from your hotel.
- 4:00am Pick-up from your hotel in Xela or San Marcos and transfer by chicken bus.
- 5:00am From San Marcos, we will take another chicken bus to Las Cruses.
- 6:00am Arrival at Las Cruses to begin the ascent for approximately 3 hours.
- 9:00am Arrive at the top of the volcano and admire the beautiful views.
- 10:00am Start the descent for approximately 2 hours.
- 12:00pm Arrive to Las Cruses and transfer back to Xela or San Marcos.
|Included:||Pick-up/Drop-off from your hotel in Xela or San Marcos, collective transport for transfer, entrance fee and tour guide|
|Does not include:||Meals and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||4:00 AM/ Quetzaltenango (Xela)|
|Length:||3 hours hike up/2.5 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, lunch box or snacks and flash light|