The Volcano Acatenango is the sleeping giant that is the twin one of the most active volcano in Guatemala. Acatenango is the third highest volcano in all of Central America and is a real adventure to hike on the top and observe the sunset and the sunrise. Sleeping overnight in the base camp of the volcano will be an unique experience in your life. Its highest summit is 3,976 meters (13,044 ft).
Itinerary Day 1.
- 7:00 am shuttle from Antigua to La Soledad village (The tour guide goes to pick you up at your hotel).
- 8:00 am arrival at the Soledad village.
- 10:00 am Begins the hike for about 5hrs.
- 3:00pm arrival time at the base camp to enjoy the view over the volcano errupting and observe the sunset.
- 4:00 am time to see sunrise (short hike for 1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise).
- 7:00 am return to the base camp for breakfast.
- 8:30am Descent to the pick up point.
- 11:30am arrival time at the pick up point for transfer to Antigua.
- 12:30pm arrival time to Antigua.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, sleeping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage, entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Breakfast (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||7:00 AM/ Antigua Guatemala|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 to 4 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, food extra like or snacks and flash light|