This natural colossus is the highest from the three Volcanoes facing to the Southwest of lake Atitlán, its altitude is 3537m above sea level. The Volcano has a 250m diameter crater and in the highest part there is several cracks result from the latest eruption occurred in the year 1853.
During a lucky day it is possible to observe the smoke expulsing in few quantity gasses from the top.
The top of the Volcano offers one of the best views in the dry season. To observe the landscape from the higher part is the best way to appreciate the Volcanic chain of Guatemala.
Contemplate the Sunset and the Sunrise from the Volcano Atitlan is a picture that you will never erase from your memory.
- 8:00am Picking up from Santiago Atitlan (The tour guide goes to pick you up at your hotel).
- 8:30am Arrival to the park. Begins the hike for about 5hrs.
- 3:00pm Arrival time at the base camp to enjoy the view. Sunset view in the evening.
Day # 2.
- 4:00am Short hike for 1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise.
- 7:00am Return to the base camp for breakfast.
- 8:00am Descent to the village.
- 11:30am End of the hike transfer to the village.
- 12:00pm Arrival time to Santiago Atitlan.
|Included:||Pick up/drop off in your hotel, transport for transfer, equipment (tent, slepping bag and mattres), 3 meals, hot beverage,entrance fee and a tour guide|
|Does not include:||Personal kit and (tips Optional)|
|Departure Time/ Place:||7:00 AM/ Antigua Guatemala|
|Length:||4 or 5 hours hike up/ 3 to 4 hours to coming down|
|What to bring?||Backpack 60 lts, water, sunscreen, warm clothing, rain jacket, hiking shoes, extra food or snacks and flash light|